Thursday, February 2, 2017

01/02/2017


Today on the way back from my run, I saw a man talking to swans, which put a smile on my face.

Also, it's February. How did that happen?

This morning I just made it to prayer, and as I prayed, I felt that God was really listening. I know that seems like a given, God is never too busy or too far away to hear our prayers (And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.) but sometimes I feel like what I send up in prayer hits the ceiling of the room I sit in and the words fall back beside me clunky and awkward. But today I prayed what I meant and I felt as I used to that the words from my mouth flew up in a stream that passed into heaven. Praise be to God.

After a lecture on Hume (which I understood!) I went to the library and curled up on a bean bag and listened to the Light Between the Oceans OST and read about literary theory, which turned out to be fascinating, before buying two bread rolls, having lunch with Sarah, and then getting back for a vegan-buttered roll and a mug cake. I can attest to the fact that vegan chocolate mug cakes taste a whole lot better than normal mug cakes (which I made and then gave up on making before I was vegan). I used this recipe:

1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp maple syrup
2-3 tsp coconut oil
3 tbsp plant based milk

Mix everything together, stir in any add ins (I swirled in some almond butter and 2 crushed up oreos), and microwave it for about 1 minute.

Things I've been listening to this week include:

-This guitar cover by Oscar, who I met in Paris
-Sleeping on the floor and Angela by the Lumineers (the first makes me want to take a spontaneous trip to Iceland or Ireland or the furthest north of Scotland with nothing but some money, a vegan butter sandwich and my running shoes)
-Bad Blood, by Bastille (hello, good songs of my past)

No comments:

Post a Comment