Monday, December 5, 2016

4/12/2016


I've just finished packing, tomorrow I get an 8.50am train, a 12.30pm flight and then - and then!

I lay in bed for the most part of the morning, even eating porridge in bed, and not getting up till 10.30am. In Cambridge after a particularly rough week I remember sleeping in till 8am (which was an extra hour/hour and a half from my usual waking time) and proudly telling Alex I'd had a lie-in. Hilarity ensued when she discovered my idea of a lie-in was waking up at 8am. Perhaps 10.30am is a proper lie-in.

Auntie Sarah and I went to Bardwell for church, the preacher didn't turn up so instead the congregation (of about 5) prayed and sang. I ran back, stopping when I got to Grandma's house, and after a brief think I decided to run some more because it was a beautiful clear blue sky day and the fields were calling me. I ran with the song 'Ashira l'adonai' from the Prince of Egypt in my heart, heart bursting with sunshine and the glory of God all around me.

I will sing to the Lord 
For He has triumphed gloriously 
Who is like You O Lord among the gods 
Who is like You glorious in holiness 
You in Your mercy have led forth 
The people whom You have redeemed 

I spent 5 hours with Grandma, just talking, watching the birds, and having a nap on her bed. Then packing, packing, packing - and then, and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment