Sunday, September 25, 2011

like a thief in the night


Recently, there have been thieves stealing from the shoe rack outside my house. Let me explain things  a little. My family keeps all our shoes outside our house so we don't carry all the dust and mud indoors. We also keep a few other things on the shoe racks like a football. and until recently, my swaveboard and Tim's skateboard leaned against it too. But since last thursday, mysterious and malicious group of theives have been taking our stuff.
So far:
my mum's orange Birkenstocks (really old)
my sister's maroon converses
my sister's high top checked converses
two pairs of my sister's tennis shoes
and
my brother's plastic eight dollar skateboard that he got second hand at a charity shop 
have gone missing
the strange thing is the shoe thieves seem to be taking women's shoes of a certain size.
my neighbors had their bikes stolen too. All their bikes.
its horrible and puzzling because if i were a thief, i wouldn't steal someone's dirty old shoes, i would raid a shop where the shoes are clean and new. so it all points to the fact that these shoe thieves think its some kind of game.
we cant file a report to the police because they'd just say i  was our fault for leaving the shoes out in public property. 
yesterday my sister was so fed up that she wanted to write outside. put my shoes back we have you on camera. but my dad told her not to because he didn't want to provoke the to something worse like arson.
i think we really should get cameras. but my brother said "what if they steal those too?"



No comments:

Post a Comment