Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Today's patchwork


I'm so distracted.

How I feel productive when writing an essay: Typing really loudly by tapping really hard on the keyboard.

I choose rain sounds over ocean sounds when there are wild wind sounds outside my room.

Playing with my hair to harmonise it with my hoodie.

Just realised I was working with my kitchen knife an inch away from my elbow.

I have the worst case of wanderlust right now.

Best thing I bought last year was probably a jar of coconut oil, which I've only used about a quarter of, and it smells incredible.

I just realised a girl in my ballet class looks like Anne Frank, if Anne Frank was a ginger.

Washing can wait till tomorrow.

A bird just flew by the window and I flinched because I was so sure it would come in.

I'm contracting a very bad habit of pressing the capslock button rather than the shift button to capitalise. Or is this normal? Has my habit of pressing the shift button all my life been an aberration?

All things considered (and when I say all things considered I mean considering all the things that I have been distracted by) this is turning out to be not-so-bad an essay after all.

I can't get the Disney love medley out of my head:

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight

I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

Wearing stripes on stripes makes me feel like I could conquer the world. (Mentally adding it to my list of 'Things that make me feel better' which include wearing a new set of pajamas, washing my hair, lying on the floor, having someone brush/style/play with my hair, putting things at right angles and sunshine)

My hair smells like whatever I cook in the oven. My hair smells like rice and lentil patties. 

Hopefully tomorrow it will smell like plum and apple crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment