Monday, June 1, 2015

T minus 11 days


“I got thinking about the window seat: how special it is and how it can be taken for granted. These expansive views can be very humbling. Everyone is fascinated by flight, and for now airplanes are how we get to experience it. At some point on each flight I’ve been on, I think about sitting in a chair in the sky, and it seems crazy every time.” - Jim Darling

I am flying off in 11 days, and I really hope I get a window seat. I packed my clothes today, trying to use a folding technique that promises NO WRINKLES and for the first time ever I am packing heels (God help the girl she'll need all the help she can get) and make up and also I'm going to try and wear less blue.

A few nights ago at worship practice when I was feeling quite down I got my Mum to send me photos of Tim, Grandma, Auntie Sarah, Renny, Connie and herself down in Number 6 Ixworth High Street, and just seeing them through the blue light of my phone screen made my heart so full of yearning to see them.

In a few months I'll probably feel this way about Singapore - Christmas without Mum Dad Hannah and Tim seems so terrifying. But having it with Grandma will be special - and perhaps a white Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment