Tuesday, December 10, 2013

nelipot



Today i kind of basically actually did live out a real life 'home run' (if you don't know what homerun is YOU ARE NOT TRULY A SINGAPOREAN http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homerun_(film))

So when i went to Vietnam i wore my very old trainers-i.e the school shoes I've been wearing this year and have been using to traipse through Indochina for all our family holidays. They're kind of torn and a strange shade of grey and so i told myself, I'll probably leave them in Vietnam.

So when we had to wade through knee high muddy water after a cycling trip gone a little crazy, i told myself 'ok these shoes are dead. gone. forever.' and i bid them goodbye, leaving them in the Vinh Long hotel room in their sodden crusty muddy broken state hoped some genius might be able to use them somehow. And i wore my red flip flops for the rest of the trip.

But when i got home i realised

now i had no more school shoes

no more sports shoes for training

And i have to go back to school basically everyday


SO the first day i had to go back, i wore Hannah's new white and pink trainers. But they were huge and they chafed my ankles so that i got two ugly blisters.

Then i tried my Mum's white blue trainers, which were huge too and gave me different blisters and also became very wet after i got caught in the rain without an umbrella.

On track day i wore slippers and did my warm ups in socks

And this morning for choir i had to borrow Tim's shoes (which were a bit roomy and and very grey but the best yet. Plus they were super comfy)

Anyway so yeah now I'm a home run kid, borrowing shoes from my brother.


(p.s a nelipot is someone who likes going barefoot)

No comments:

Post a Comment