Friday, November 30, 2018

Things I'm loving



1. The Balcony Scene song from Baz Luhrman's Romeo and Juliet. I've been listening to it on repeat since Alex, Sonja and I watched the film on Saturday. Alex and I had gone to watch the RSC production in the Barbican earlier that evening, but the lack of chemistry between the leads meant we needed some more loving in our lives, and so we turned to the electric attraction between Leonardo diCaprio and Claire Danes.

2. This incredible company - Outside In. It is a streetwear brand which addresses the problem of homelessness, recognising that it isn't simply a problem of houselessness but also one of hopelessness and isolation (in some cases). Each product you buy comes with an extra product to give to someone in need, so connections can be made between the consumer and a homeless person.

3. This cookie recipe - another genius way to use chickpea flour (that stuff is incredible). I've been having them with rooibos tea and it feels like a warm hug.

4. This blog which combines two things I love - poetry and good food.

5. Getting to pray with Jacob every night - and knowing that if I'm having a bad day I can ask for prayer from him and he will, in a different city, lift me before God. This morning presentation nerves were a little overwhelming, and even a chickpea cookie and rooibos tea didn't calm it. So I asked for prayer and he reminded me 'God's got you', a good thing to think over on my cycle, and while I listened to the other presentations and when I finally stood up in the last bit of class to do mine. (It was fine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment