Monday, April 3, 2017

01/04/2017


I lay most of the day in a sun spot on the sofa, reading a book called 'Medieval Theatre of Cruelty' (charmed, I'm sure)

Before the sun set, I felt the urge to go outside, and find the field of gold I'd run past just the day before. A field full of yellow canola flowers, as far as the eye can see. Auntie Sarah came with me, and we walked there, and it was a little piece of heaven. I tried to capture it on camera but the colours were so ruined, nothing I think can truly capture the swathes of sunshine yellow, tinged with the actual gold of fading sunlight. I waded into its depths, surrounded by honey-scent, found a path through it - ran over bumpy sun baked mud. Across the whole field, till we came right to the other side, which was almost a surprise because it seemed like it could go on forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment