Monday, February 24, 2020

beatitude


“You are so young, so before all beginning, and I would like to beg you, as much as I can, to be patient toward all that is unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign language. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.”

Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Remembering a particularly tender moment in life drawing class, and how seen and safe and full of potential I felt there, and how things were simple. In my empty hands I held a flower - which was a prayer - and around me as I knelt on the table the room and the sketching fell away.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are the pure in heart, for their shall see God.

No comments:

Post a Comment