Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Today


Today was a c r a z y

In the morning I went for chapel worship

and
it was pretty good

i learnt the drums (2 beats really) from randy our drummer which us pretty good considering i just met him and yay i managed not to be awkward

after that i walked home in the pouring rain, singing worship sings and loving the water swirling round in my shoes

after a brief session of listening to grace potter and the nocturnals, i got ready to go to

R A F F L E S

I was planning this for a long long time

I'd got a Bayley Waddle shirt and i borrowed wei xin's shirt and I
COULDN'T WAIT TO SEE HER IN SCHOOL

But horror of horrors, as i was in the mrt IN THE RAFFLES DISGUISE i saw my SL and she saw me and waved and oh dear now she thinks i'm a traitor to my school I'm sure of it

Just to clarify i was wearing my ACJC school shorts under the raffles skirt in a show of loyalty but she couldn't see that i couldn't exactly shout I"M WEARING ACJC SCHOOL SHORTS UNDER THIS across one north mrt station so i just boarded the train and tried to forget it all by reading my book (i'm now reading The brief history of the dead-fantastic, riveting, i don't see why it's not famous)

Wei xin kindly met me at the mrt station and then we went in
I was so nervous and excited that someone would see me but thank god no one stopped us
so i think i did a pretty good job of fading inconspicuously into the background

I had an ice cream in their school canteen and made small talk with her class mates and sprang a surprise on some of the SC people that went to raffles

Then we walked around school, and stalked people (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH please don't judge. I'm not creepy), and met up with more people

One funny bit of the trip was when i bumped into a primary school friend who i'd met earlier in the year at an ACJC vs RI tennis match and he looked surprised and said "I didn't know you were in Raffles?!" (or something to that effect)
and then i said "You didn't know?"

And he seemed confused and embarrassed so i felt bad for messing with him and told him i was from ac hahahahaha

some people... will believe that if you say orange fast enough it sounds like gullible

After that, Weixin had to go for a lecture, and i had to go home to watch my MOVIE

So i went home on the train, having to breathe fast and walk past loads more raffles people (i felt like frank Abagnale Jnr (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Abagnale) But i've long since learnt how to look calm in situations where i feel like a fireworks are exploding in my belly or ice is running down the small of my back- i just pretend i'm a model (i realise how embarrassing this is when i write it down but i shall continue) and i have an audience, but the light is shining so that i can't see their faces and so i just have to keep my face proud and blank and walk on. It actually works for me i don't know why and it's much better than what i used to do which was wad up a corner of my skirt in my hand and squeeze till it hurt

When i got home i realised that drat i missed the 191 by about 5 minutes on the bus time table so i started walking home in the rain, until i heard a low rumble behind me and saw the 191 and thank god it was the nice Indian driver my friend driving, so he stopped the bus and i ran back and got on, saving me a wet uniform and aching feet, and giving me an interesting conversation

When i got home, i watched "She's the man" (a loosely modern translation of my literature renaissance text-12th night) and ate dinner and got ready for ballet

my day was fantastic i love long weekends


No comments:

Post a Comment