Sunday, April 14, 2013

My brother just said that the most annoying sound in the world is my voice



I don't think siblings realise how much more hurtful the things they say are
because siblings are generally more important than normal people
like if a school friend said "your face is annoying"
I'd just shrug it off
but if a sibling said that, I'd ponder for at least a minute
About
things
like
"Does she even look at me and see me anymore?"
"What did i do?"

Recently I've been feeling the brunt of sibling (how shall i say this) constructive criticism
I've been told that i'm neglecting the family
that i'm in my own bubble of JC life and friends
thats i'm not helpful
that my voice is annoying
that i'm fat
that i need to exercise
that i'm messy
that maybe one day i'll be in the right place at the right time (meaning i'm never there when i'm supposed to be)

And i just feel like screaming

I'M A 16 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO HAS JUST BEGUN JUNIOR COLLEGE I'M ESTABLISHING WHO I AM IN SCHOOL I'M MAKING FRIENDS SO THAT I WON'T FEEL LONELY FOR 2 YEARS I'M TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH OLD FRIENDS SO I WON'T FEEL GUILTY FOR 2 YEARS I'M TAKING UP 2 CCAS SO THAT I WON'T FEEL LIKE I WASTED ANY CHANCES I'M TRYING NOT TO FALL IN LOVE AND THAT REQUIRES GREAT MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT I'M HAVING SO MANY FIRSTS THAT I'M CLOSE TO BEING OVERWHELEMED AND I STILL MAKE TIME FOR FAMILY DINNERS AND OF COURSE I STILL LOVE YOU I'M SORRY IF I'M NOT HERE ENOUGH OR HELPFUL ENOUGH OR TUNEFUL ENOUGH OR SKINNY ENOUGH OR FIT ENOUGH OR NEAT ENOUGH OR PRESENT ENOUGH BUT

would you please just give me some space
and let me find myself
and collect my thoughts
and set things straight

and remember that i'm only human

and sometimes humans have landslides inside of themelves that require time to salvage and sort through

No comments:

Post a Comment