Sunday, April 7, 2013

I actually care


So right now i've just finished a tirade against my brother about how he should care more about the earth because he was using the backroom air con (Which isn't technically allowed, because it's supposed to be for mum's clients) and used a whole sheet of absolutely pristine and (might i add) new white paper just to write his silly fingerboard stuff, even though i offered him a perfectly good sheet of old paper, (It's only imperfection was an not parallel fold down it's middle but it was still unceremoniously rejected by Tim)
Because i actually care for this earth
Because i want to be able to breathe oxygen in 30 years time and not car exhaust
Because i want to do surrounded by my friends and family and not surrounded by melted polar ice cap water
Because the news that bees are dying worries me
Because flowers are beautiful
Because i know that playing hide and seek among trees beats playing angry birds on an ipad
Because i've seen sunrises and sunsets and i don't want them to be blocked from my sight by smog
Because if you think about it, the earth is a beautiful place
Because even coldplay agrees with me on that one
Because i intend to be able to walk around without having to put on SPF 50 sunscreen because of terrible UV ray sunlight
Because i want my kids and their kids and their kids...to have the privilege of seeing all manner of animals and plants and not think "Oh, Elephants? Yes i think i saw them on that documentary last night"
Because the idea that we live on a planet that dies everyday scares me just as much as the thought that my grandma is really old and is closer to death everyday
Because i actually care for this earth

No comments:

Post a Comment