Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Do what you want

 


It is no secret in my family that I am a physical affection person. I love big bear hugs with Tim (which I used to request, usually fruitlessly, but which he now offers - thank you therapy), and holding hands with Mum when we're in bed and talking about everything under the sun, and putting my head on Hannah's shoulder, and giving Dad a very light peck on the cheek because he doesn't like wet kisses. 

The person who is on the receiving end of most of my physical affection, however, is Jacob. (As it should be!) And so last week after we had dinner with Dad, as he was about to leave to go home while I was staying for night duty, I said "Can I have a kiss?" and he laughed and said yes.

Then, feeling happy and cheeky I said, "Can I have another one?" And he laughed and said no.

So I went up to Dad and whispered in his ear "Dad, could you ask Jacob to kiss me?" And he laughed and said nothing.

After I repeated the request, he looked at Jacob and said slowly, "Jacob, you do....what you want....with Miriam." To which Jacob walked over and gave me a hug and a kiss. So all's well that ends well really.

No comments:

Post a Comment