Sunday, September 29, 2019

29/09/2019


I flew back to Singapore on Thursday. Things are still settling, and I'm aware that somewhere within me is a sadness I haven't fully faced about leaving England. But for the moment I am trying to remember my love for this place I am in. 

Yesterday morning I went for a walk with Dad in the cool morning air. We saw hornbills, pink-necked green pigeons and a kingfisher. We walked through many hued flowers and said good morning to older ladies out walking and maids with dogs on leashes. Dad showed me the exercises he does in the outdoor fitness corners, and I tried and failed to do a pull up (one day...). 

I am thankful for the beauty in this country, for the family I have here, and for the exciting prospect of starting work on Tuesday. I can approach this new season with fear or faithfulness, and I'm determined to choose the latter, knowing a good God guides me and those who know Him.

Now there's a storm brewing outside my window - oh, I've missed Singapore's sheet-like rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment