Tuesday, January 15, 2019

3 other small things:


1. Last Saturday when I got home from the airport (it seems so long ago) I came back to the house and found flowers by the door. I was talking to Jacob at the time over the phone, and after opening the door and putting things down, and bringing the flowers in, I asked if he'd got them - and he had. They were beautiful, different shades of pink, and purple and blue and cream, small leaves with a soft, downy fur on them and others that were long and elegant. I put them on the kitchen table, and one morning during the week I came down and was surprised by their beautiful scent. ( I could finally smell then because my cold was beginning to clear)

2. On Sunday during my cycle to church, at a traffic light I caught the eye of someone walking across the street. I can't explain it, it was a funny gaze but not in a bad way. I looked away, then a couple of seconds later looked back to find him looking over his shoulder at me still. He grinned, 'so beautiful!' he said, and I laughed. What a lovely thing to say to a stranger, to make her day.

3. Yesterday I got home from a lecture and felt so tired I lay tummy down on my bed for a while. When I had breathed a little, I propped myself up on my elbows and read a cup of jo article - this one on parenting. And suddenly, reading Loren's comment, I found myself crying:

“I was putting my four-year-old daughter down for the night. She was begging me to stay with her, but we had guests over. I told her ‘Just think happy thoughts.’ She said, ‘But, Mama, you are my happy thought.’ Be still my heart.” — Loren

No comments:

Post a Comment