Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Sandwiches and Gin&Tonic


Do you know that feeling when you are sitting in the University Library Locker Room trying to eat a sandwich but the bread keeps falling apart and you are 78% sure there is hummus on your face and you are 100% sure there are crumbs in your jumper and you don't understand why people have to walk in this public space like why can't I just be alone with my embarrassment?

The market man I bought the bread from asked if I was Australian because I was wearing the shirt that said 'Melbourne' with four penguins on it. I said 'Na-oow' (No?) in my most Australian accent possible and walked away. I am not buying that bread from him again.

Last night I had my first Gin and Tonic which made my cheeks pink, although I'm not entirely sure if it was my first since just before that I'd had Gin and Tonic sorbet for dessert (Fanciest Vegan Sidney Formal dinner ever) I'd just been dreaming with Jacob (also vegan) about all the not-fruit-salad desserts we'd love to have and when they brought out the ice cream I think my eyes were as wide as they'd every been because it was just like magic.

The timer for the end of my timed essay (I haven't finished) just went off and I momentarily thought there was a bomb in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment