Sunday, December 4, 2016

The supermoon


The sea is calm tonight. 
The tide is full, the moon lies fair

On 14 November, the moon outdid herself and gave us a perigee full moon, or supermoon. I got the day wrong, and thought that the supermoon was on Sunday night, and so after a curry dinner party (with probably the best chapatti to be found in England) with Alex and the cast of Anthony and Cleopatra, I headed back to my room to work on my dissertation and watch the moon.

I realised after a while that it was the wrong moon, but staring at the moon on any day can't be a bad thing. It was cloudy on the actual night of the supermoon, and the moon, though particularly bright, didn't seem to my untrained eye any bigger. But Dad sent me photos he took where you could see the crevices and mountains of the moon and in Australia they saw this incredible sight:


The earth is full of miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment