Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Block Number

 Mum: "Take a picture of her ants!!!" Me: "Her ants?!?!?" Mum: "HER ANTS!!!!!"
"I need to exercise my arms more" - Mum
I thought this looked like a Narwhal, Mum thought it looked like a sleeping person with one arm outstretched - what do you think?
What any sane person would be doing on a Tuesday morning rather than walking around taking pictures of block numbers
 This morning after almond butter on toast, Mum and I went for a walk round the block to take pictures of our block numbers and names to find out their significance and to preserve the heritage of our estate.

Things we saw:

-A hunchbacked bird that looked like a brown cousin of an egret

-So. Many. Empty. Houses. Visions of house-squatting and 'how I would decorate this house if I lived there' surfaced immediately in my head.

-House renovations that caused one flat to be converted into 3 single room (plus a toilet) houses. WHAT IS GOING ON?

-A new picnic spot

-A man playing golf

-A field covered in golf balls

-Tree roots that looked like ocean waves

-Two abandoned exercise equipments

-Woman running with pug dog

We also talked about S clusters and affricates, how science phrasing is splitting hairs (in today's paper: Poor conductors of heat is correct, Bad conductors of heat is wrong. WHAT?!?!?!), and how much a I want a garden in the future so my children can have a running around, playing in mud, natural childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment